PhD POSITION UNDER AESA-RISE AT SUA
Sokoine University of Agriculture (SUA) in collaboration with the Alliance for Accelerating Excellence in Science in Africa and Regional Initiative in Science and Education (AESA- RISE) Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme is implementing a research project in natural product formulations and validation. The project is hosted in the Department of Veterinary Physiology, Biochemistry and Pharmacology, SUA. One of the immediate objectives of the project is capacity building of SUA staff at PhD level.
Sokoine University of Agriculture is hereby advertising one position for PhD under AESA-RISE. Successful candidate shall conduct his/her research work at SUA, Morogoro and Mabibo Traditional Medicine Research Centre, National Institute for Medical Research in Dar es Salaam.The project will cover all research costs.
The PhD programme will be for three years (2019 – 2022).
Eligibility criteria and Mode of application
- The applicant must be a citizen of Tanzania.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Veterinary Medicine or Biotechnology and Laboratory Sciences
- A Master’s degree in Natural Product Pharmacology and/or Toxicology.
- The prospective applicant should be an academic staff or technologist from SUA
- The applicants should have already applied for PhD admission at SUA. The requirements for PhD admission are available at the SUA website from Directorate of Research, Postgraduate studies, Technology transfer and Consultancy (DRPTC) webpage https://www.dprtc.sua.ac.tz/
- Applicants for the scholarship should submit a research concept note along with the application letter and degree certificates and transcripts.
- Applicants must indicate Department of Veterinary Physiology, Biochemistry and Pharmacology as the host department which shall coordinate the PhD training.
- Submission by email can be made to email@example.com and copied to firstname.lastname@example.org
MODE OF APPLICATION
Application forms for admission can be requested from the undersigned or downloaded from our website: https://www.dprtc.sua.ac.tz/postgraduate-studies/application-for-admiss…. Such dully-filled forms can be returned physically or mailed to the undersigned together with evidence of payment of Shs. 50,000/=, as application fee.Or you may wish to apply online by visiting our website www.sua.ac.tz (APPLY ONLINE (Postgraduate) (link: http://suasis.sua.ac.tz:9092/index.php/welcome)
Deadline for scholarship application is two weeks from the date of this advertisement.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT
DIRECTORATE OF POSTGRADUATE STUDIES,RESEARCH, TECHNOLOGY TRANSFER AND CONSULTANCY
SOKOINE UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE,
P.O. BOX 3151, CHUO KIKUU,
Telephone: +255 023-264 0013, Fax: +255 023-264 0013,