The Tanzania Commission for Science and Technology (COSTECH) is funding a focussed research aimed at the design and development of an effective yet cheap and potable rock-phosphate-based biofertilizer for direct application to farmers’ fields. The project is based at the Department of Soil and Geological Sciences (DSGS) but qualified applicants can register in either of the three departments namely the DSGS, Department of Engineering Sciences and Technology (DEST) or Department of Food Technology, Nutrition and Consumer Sciences (DFTNCS).
CONDITIONS FOR SPONSORSHIP:
- Must be a Tanzanian
- Must be under the age of 30
- Must have applied for admission for MSc. Studies at SUA commencing 2019/20 academic year
- Female candidates are especially encouraged to apply
ELIGIBILITY OF CANDIDATES
Applicants must be holders of a bachelors’ degree in either Agriculture general, Horticulture, Agronomy, Soil Science, Food Science and Technology or Agricultural Engineering. A strong performance in general microbiology, industrial microbiology, Food microbiology and engineering designs is an added advantage.
FINANCIAL SUPPORT AND DURATION
Successful candidates will be awarded full sponsorship including Tuition fees, research funds, stipend and other costs as approved by SUA for a total duration of 24 months.
Candidates who wish to apply for the scholarship must fulfil the following:
- Apply through the normal procedures as per advertisement of the Higher Degrees programme at the SUA website
- Submit an application letter to the Principal Investigator of the project (Dr. Hamisi J. Tindwa: email@example.com) and copy to (Dr. Nyambilila Amuri: firstname.lastname@example.org) and email@example.com latest by close of business on 10th October 2019.
- The application letter in (2) above should be accompanied with a two-page motivation letter (font 12 and 1.5 line space) detailing the applicant’s motivation in the specified area of study
- Successful candidates shall first have to secure admission to SUA as per general guidelines and will be informed in writing