Sokoine University of Agriculture endeavors to establish and strengthen collaborations with other private and public institutions within and outside Tanzania.
SUA has endorsed and signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoUs) with other partners for the period between June 2013 and June 2017. Of the signed MoUs, more than 75% are active and the implementation of the planned activities is generally satisfactory.
Major categories of collaborating partners are Government institutions e.g. Ministries and other parastal organisations, Higher Education institutions as well as private companies.
The following is a list of some of the institutions we collaborate with
- International Livestock Research Institute, (ILRI),Nairobi Kenya
- Kenyata University of Agriculture and Technology, (JKUAT), Kenya
- International Centre for Evaluation and Development, (ICED), Nairobi, Kenya
- Lilongwe University of Agriculture and Natural Sciences (LUANAR), Malawi
- Centre for Agricultural Mechanization and Rural Technology,(CARMATEC), Arusha
- Moshi Cooperative University, (MoCU), Moshi
- Shenyang Agricultural University, China
- Studiogiuliano, Agricultural, Environmental and Engineering Consulting Company, Italy
- Kassel University, Germany
- Department of Geoscience and Natural Resource Management, University of Copenhagen
- Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, USA
- Institute of Tropical Medicine, Belgium
- Southern Agricultural Growth Corridor of Tanzania (SAGCOT)
- Agrostudies Ltd, (The internaational Center for Agricultural Studies in Israel)
- Enhancing Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Sustainability in Higher Education in Africa (EEISHEA )
- Eastern Africa Statistical Training Centre (EASTC)